Saturday, December 26, 2009

Maybe my best creation EVA: Mojito Carrots


Okay - listen - this stuff is good. Seriously, seriously good. It's at least the best carrot recipe you ever had and at most: The Best Thing You Have Ever Put Into Your Mouth. Or, you know, something in between...


Here was my thinking:

I want to make some carrots...some glazed carrots....I need to use up that rum...like butter rum glazed carrots....I should make mojitos....mmmm...mojitos....oooh, I have mint, too!....OMG! I should make mojito carrots!! Done. And done gloriously - seriously - MAKE THIS!! (unfortunately my drasted camera is still on the fritz, hence the crappy photo - don't let this stop you!!)


MOJITO CARROTS


4 pounds raw carrots

about three or four mint branches (stalks? thingies?)

1 stick of unsalted butter

about 4 shots of dark rum

about a cup of brown sugar

Kosher salt to finish


Slice the carrots diagonally and boil in salted water for about 45 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Turn on medium heat. Chop the mint leaves and throw those in there. Throw the whole stick of butter in there. Add the sugar and the rum. Stir and toss to coat as the butter melts - about 10 or 15 minutes. Turn the heat up a little until the mixture bubbles and looks caramely.


Pour into serving bowl and sprinkle with salt. Serve hot.


Enjoy it and be happy to be alive, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment