Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bacon Popcorn


Could any two words together be more glorious? Maybe not.


There are several ways this could be down, certainly some better than the way I did it, but I was looking for quick and hot while also preparing a lot of other food, soo.....microwave! And, of course, a few other elements.


First off, the bacon:


I have been baking bacon for several years now and I have pretty much sworn off pan frying bacon forever and ever since, because baking it is so simple and the results are usually much more uniform, which, of course, creates a problem of me eating all of the bacon before I can use it in my recipes, so I recommend always making twice as much bacon as you really need. Which is why this recipe is awesome, because it's basically just an excuse to eat bacon.


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay a pack (about a pound) of bacon in strips onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the bacon looks the way you like it - I like it crispy. About half way through, take the tray out and pour the grease into a cup or bowl and then put the bacon back in the oven to finish. When the bacon is finished, pour the rest of the grease into the cup with the rest of it.


Pop a pack of (preferably) plain popcorn in the microwave - plain microwave popcorn can sometimes be hard to find, but search it out, because I think that artificial buttery flavor clashes with/ruins the awesomeness of the baconess - I found plain at Whole Foods.


::ding::


Then crumble up about half of the bacon and mix it with the bacon grease and mix it all up with the popcorn. Then divide the remaining half between crumbling it on the top of the popcorn and cramming in your mouth. At least that's how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment