Sunday, November 22, 2009

So long soy milk?

As I was literally cramming bites of leftover soy chocolate mousse with graham cracker crumbs into my mouth this morning (how dare you judge me...), I read an article that basically said we might all be collectively killing ourselves by eating too much soy in our diets, specifically soy that hasn't been fermented yet - fermenting in this case being a good thing.

Most horrifically included in this story was this little blurb:

"While there was much news about the American Heart Association endorsing soy in 2000, there was little attention given when the AHA changed its mind and quietly withdrew its pro-soy claims in 2006". Whoa...I must have been watching a satisfying repeat episode of "The Nanny" (how dare you judge me....) instead of dutifully watching the news the day that news came out.

Yes, I will keep eating my chocolate mousse right now, I'm just going to fret about it. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment